Thursday, March 19, 2009

New on the Block

I have been stalking various blogs for a few months now, wishing that I had something cool enough to blog about myself. Now that Sofia is on the scene, I figured it was as good a time as any to enter the blog world. Hopefully our family and friends will enjoy catching a glimpse of Sofi and our daily life!

This week I am on Spring Break and Jimmy is in Peru, so it is just the ladies at home. My college roommate Emily came for a few days to visit and we had a fabulous time. Basically we spent the past 5 days eating and watching Sofia. We went to the Arboretum with Kelli and her daughter Elizabeth on Tuesday and we went shopping and had Sprinkles cupcakes on Wednesday. Sofia loved spending time with Emily, she was mesmerized be her the entire week. I loved having some helping hands and catching up with a fantastic friend!









Sofia is getting bigger every day! She has been a funny baby from the beginning, she just wants to see the world. She is the most content when someone is holding her and she is facing out so she can watch what is going on. When I was pregnant I pictured myself getting back into shape by talking long walks with Sofia siting happily in her stroller...still waiting for that to happen. She will sit in a stroller for about 2 minutes and then she starts screaming until someone picks her up. You would think that the answer to this problem would be the Baby Bjorn, but she hates that as well. Something about being in our arms....at least we know she likes us! She loves to grab at things and she really throws a party when we put her on her floor gym. She can play with that for hours (well 15 minutes, but we take what we can get)! We are still working on sleeping in the bassinet or crib...she is getting there, but she would much rather someone hold her the entire time she sleeps. I try to appreciate all of the time that we get to spend holding her...someday (probably too soon) she is not going to want us to hold her that much.

We are having a great time together, but we will be excited when Jimmy comes back!

7 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh! Que Linda Ella! Tan preciosa! You are such a cute mama linz! I cant wait to see you and meet la princesa:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! I too had an amazing time!!! Sofia is so cute and I'm glad I'll be able to see her on this blog! I was so sad to leave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for meeting my new cousin, she's so beautiful and I'm sure she's very playful little girl, this blog was a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the blog--any way that helps us keep an eye on baby Sofia is fabulous! Good for you, Mommy Lindsey! (P.S. Please note that this is actually Jordan writing, not Spencer, although I'm sure he'd second my comments.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad you are blogging. I will so be visiting here often! Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog Lindsey! Sofia is adorable! 10-1/2 months with Hannah and we have taken very few walks together also. You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete