Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Feliz Cumpleanos

I realize that this post is totally out of order, but I wanted to put up some pictures of my awesome birthday a few weeks ago (the 14th!)

The day started off magically with Jimmy offering to hang out with Sofia early in the morning so that I could go back to sleep for a few hours. When I woke up he sent me off to Target to spend a gift card that he and Sofia had given me. All I really wanted to buy were cute ensembles for Sofi, but I managed to find a few things for myself.

I noticed that morning that there were quite a few people in our hood decked out in green and walking toward Greenville Ave with coolers and lawn chairs. We were not quite sure what was going down, but then we realized that a St. Patrick's Day parade was headed our way and we wanted to be a part of it. We raced around the apartment attempting to dress Sofia in her finest green threads, put on a hat and boots, strapped her in the Baby Bjorn and headed outside...only to discover that the masses were all headed back to their cars and the parade looked like it was over. We were slightly disappointed, but when we realized that most of the parade goers seemed to be inebriated, we decided that it was not the place for our 4 month old baby.

Jimmy and Sofi took me to a delicious lunch at Primo's in Uptown instead. I love Mexican food, so it was the perfect choice.

Sofia and I in our St. Paddy's Day gear at the restaurant.

My delicious Birthday treat!

Sofia helping me blow out the candles.

A fantastic birthday/early St. Patrick's Day!

4 comments:

  1. Lindsey! I am so excited that you have a blog. Your sweet Sofia is BEAUTIFUL! Her eyes...they are so pretty!! I will love keeping up with you and your sweet family thru your blog!! I've gotta add u to my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green threads! No pinchin' for you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute all the pictures! Your wedding pictures are gorgeous too by the way!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. linds!! you look so gorgeous!! and sofia is absolutely beautiful. it is so great to keep up with you and see how much she is growing!! miss you. hope we can catch up sometime!! call us if you come to lubbock!!

    ReplyDelete