Friday, May 7, 2010

Baby Eve

Last week I got it in my head that I NEEDED to be in California for my little brother's graduation. I was TAKS testing at school and as I was walking around and monitoring I began to plan the entire trip. During one of my 15 minute breaks I ran to the computer lab to see what the ticket prices were like. I told myself I would only go if it was less than a certain number. When a fabulous deal showed up, I called Jimmy to see if I could have an early Mother's Day present. He agreed, so I booked the flight for 10:30 p.m on Friday night, two days later.

Sofia and I had such a fantastic time. She was great on the plane, a little fussy at first but she fell asleep after about 15 minutes and slept the entire way there. Graduation at Pepperdine was beautiful and we were all so proud of Tay. I was able to see all of my family and LOVED it.











The best part of all. My sister in law and BFF Jordan was due to have a baby in about another week. I had been depressed for months knowing that I wasn't going to make it back to CA before late June to see the newest baby. We thought this trip was a little bit too early and the next one would be a few months after the birth. Monday morning, my last day in town, my brother Spencer called to let us know that they were on their way to the hospital. About 3 hours later, Eve Taylor arrived. I was beyond ecstatic that I was able to hold that sweet baby before I had to head back to Dallas. She is beautiful and it was such a gift to be able to be there for all of that!


No comments:

Post a Comment