Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Buzz, Buzz, Buzz...




First of all, a million thanks to my fantastically talented BFF Emily for re-doing my blog for me. I love the new design! She is so talented and creative and I always love it when she gives me something that she has made or designed (i.e. she has given me some ADORABLE personalized stationery). If anyone is looking to spice up their blog, Emily is your lady! She also designed her own blog, which you can check out here.


Now, onto Halloween! Sofia borrowed a costume from my friend Kelli's daughter Elizabeth, and it was a hit! She was the best looking bumblebee in town. She loved to look at herself in the mirror in her costume....she knew it was pretty impressive.

Jimmy and I took her to a family fair in the afternoon. There were booths for the kids and lots of information for parents, some bounce houses, trick or treating, and a costume contest. We even found a consignment shop in one of the rooms selling gently used toys and books and games for kids. We were able to score some birthday gifts for her for quite a bargain!







I also met up with some friends from work to take her Trick or Treating. We had so much fun (even though we went a little too early and were hard pressed to find anyone ready for Trick or Treaters...still awesome). Sofia had fun hitting the town with Avery the ladybug and Cameron as their bodyguard.


















After Trick or Treating we went out to eat with GiGi and Great Harry and Aunt Jan and Uncle Randy. I was supposed to cook dinner for them, but the day did not go as planned, and I basically failed at that so we went out to eat instead. She LOVED all of the attention from her great grandparents and great aunt and uncle and she had a blast walking around the restaurant, showing off her costume. All in all, a successful first Halloween!

7 comments:

  1. YAY! what fun to see these beautiful pics...thank you for keeping us up to date with Sofia! Love you three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love it!!! She is the cutest Bumble Bee I've ever seen. And look at her walking! Going around like she owns the place. Thanks for the wonderful shout out! That was so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hands-down the best looking bumblebee I've ever seen. I can't believe how grown-up she's getting and we can't wait to party with her in person in a couple weeks. Love you guys!! (And the new blog design looks fab--yay Emily!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my gosh she is just the cuttest thing ever! I love the pics! I still can't believe she's a mobile as she is even though she was doin squats at 5 months. She is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Linds, "No one" is Miko...HA I used my google account which was to be anonymous due to office romance and IMing. So my e-mail is justsomegirl26 and the name it showed was no one important. Just didn't want you to think you had a creepy stalker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindz and Jimz! Sofia is too cute in her bumblebee costume. Could she say "buzzzzz" or is that not linguistically appropriate for her age? It looks like she's walking pretty well! I'm glad you are starting fun Halloween traditions together. Keep the pictures and info coming!
    --Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea! Love the new blog and love Sofia. She is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete